Arcade Cabinet update - This 8-Bit Life
I’ve just got a really quick update on the CPS2 project I’ve been working on. Tonight I finally swapped out the suicide battery on my board with a 1/2 AA holder and a standard 1/2 AA Li-Ion cell. This way I am able to just open the cartridge and change the battery as easily as you would in a flashlight. Hopefully this will save me some heartache along the way. As a side note I did find that the battery that was installed was due to expire in 2007 so I made the right call.
I also spent a few hours fixing stuck buttons, installing new ones to replace failed ones, and resoldering some of the hard-soldered grounds. I’ll be abandoning most of these (or re-purposing rather) as the new cabinet that I plane to build will have a brand new kick harness and new buttons as well.
If you have any questions about replacing these batteries or just liked the video then leave me a comment down below!